How to Get Things Done in 5 Minutes or Less
While in the shower this morning, I was reflecting on my tasks for the day and checking in on my progress when a productivity insight hit me right between the eyes. I'll share that insight in my morning musing below.[feature_box style=”26″ only_advanced=”There%20are%20no%20title%20options%20for%20the%20choosen%20style” width=”400px” alignment=”center”]
As I was musing during my morning shower, one of my favorite and frequent flyer musing spots, this question popped up as a possible pathway to focus my flow:
What if you gave each of your goals 5 minutes a day?
What if 5 minutes a day is all you need to prime the pump and get it done?
It's okay if you go for more, but set at least 5 minutes (or less) for each of your goals. It has to be something you can do regardless of place or routine.
For example, one of my goals is to be the fittest me in my body and business this year. One of my daily tasks is movement every day, with small workouts. In support of this goal I joined a local gym. It's a 5-minute drive from where I live. I also have a yoga mat and block, small weights and bands. If my schedule gets wonky (like it did this morning) and I don't go to the gym I can still do a home workout. Today I did 5 minutes of sun salutations. Easy peasy.[/feature_box]
This is Day 4 of my 30-Day Writing Project. I like to work my projects from a vision-based perspective. However, you feel free to follow your own muse. If you'd like to model my format here's how to jump in with both feet!
- Craft your intention. What would you like to accomplish during the 30-Day Morning Musing Writing Project? If writing is one of the ways in which you craft and create your vision, write down as much of your intention and vision as you have right now.
- Clarify your daily tasks. Identify 2-4 specific daily tasks that will move you in the direction of your vision and activate your intention. Back it up! Life cannot deliver miracles if you don't open to them.
- Take action every day. Devote time every day to each of your specific tasks. Make sure to spend some time in your vision. Make it as vivid as possible. Take action every day as you and your vision fully realized. This practice alone will enable to you make great leaps.
- Track and share your progress. Since this is a writing project it seems to be the easiest way to track your progress. If you really want to boost your manifestation mojo then share your progress. There's nothing like being seen by others to accelerate your movement.
Here's how I've done with my tasks so far …
- Meditation – 4 out 4 days
- Musing – 4 out of 4 days
- Movement – 3 out of 4 days
- Monetization – 1 out of 4 days
You can check out details on how I came up with these on How to Break Down Your 90-Day Vision.
It's pretty evident where I'm full in. I'm showing up pretty committed in 3 out of my 4 tasks. No matter how you slice it those are outstanding odds.
I also notice that ONE area specifically is calling for exploration. Something is clearly going on with the monetization task. This is a verrrrry old theme regarding my business. I'm primarily in creation mode but don't focus on leveraging what I have already created. I'll definitely dig in behind the scenes to see how to move with this in new ways.
You also need to tune in to your inner knowing throughout the day to tweak your tasks. This morning I needed to sleep in. I've been go go go this week and I needed a more leisurely morning. I did my meditation and movement and I gave myself permission to get my morning musing out a little later than I normally would. I still plan on doing a monetization task today (even if it's only 5 minutes). I've done 3 out of 4 of my daily tasks today and the day is still young. Wahoo! I'm feeling the movement.
Here's another thing to note: If you've been following my posts this week you'll see that my intention and tasks are helping to shape the insights I receive so that I can further tweak my activity to align with my vision.
Tally Ho! Let me know how it's been for you so far…