I just got back from a Platinum Mastermind retreat with my mentor, Adam Urbanski. Nothing like a high level environment to experience breakthroughs and propel a-ha's into awareness.
On our final day, we were going around the room sharing those a-ha's. I reached back into the time we spent together, sifting through what struck me most. I came up with something, but it didn't have the usual bang zoom of an a-ha. We knitted around to the last participant and I closed my notebook and put away my pen.
Then, as Adam was wrapping up our session, and we were all relaxing into our laughter, a question surfaced within me that pulled me to a stop. I grabbed my pen and notebook out of my bag and captured it. As I was getting ready to leave, I went up to Adam and shared it. We both nodded and smiled, in recognition. It was a question that created an opening for a bigger playground.
Sitting at the gate, waiting to board my flight, a few other insights popped in. I whipped out my notebook and jotted down the realizations as they bubbled up. Focused attention, with an aligned group, had brought crystal clarity about certain things that had kept me in a familiar place. Business is an ever expanding spiral in that way, there's always an invitation to a greater playground.
Here are some of those insights, behind the habits:
- Don't chase success, follow your truth. It can be tempting to follow someone else's path, especially if they're successful. The through line of your business, however, is powered by your why and what moves you. It's a dynamic experience, soaked in truth, that will guide you on your path to greatness.
- Work with ONE mentor at a time! Don't diffuse your energy by having multiple mentors.I see this all the time. Folks sign up for my program and then they're in 2-3 other programs. This path leads to confusion and you won't take massive action, which is what a great mentor will inspire. Find ONE person to guide you through your mastery zone.
- Break out of your comfort zone. It can be really easy to stick with strategies that have worked in the past. But sometimes those strategies are stepping stones along the way, not necessarily the ONLY way to grow your business. To increase your reach or your income, requires doing things you've never done before. It might mean being more visible, taking greater risks or even a bolder stand.
- Plan your programs for the whole year. If you want to make $100,000 this year, how will you do that? Sit down and plan your programs and services for the entire year. Map out each month and list everything that you're planning on launching, whether it's a coaching program, a telesummit or a retreat. Then assign a price to each one and determine how many participants you'll need to have to reach your desired income. Running your business without a plan is a surefire path to stress and income dips.
- Track and measure your goals on an ongoing basis. Decide whether you're going to track weekly or monthly, but track your income AND expenses! You will then be able to adjust your programs, pricing or number of participants to reach your intended goals. You can't improve, what you don't measure. Creating an abundant relationship with money means being in touch with your income flow. Make sure to focus on what you are doing that's generating income and how you can do more of what's working!
- Check in with an accountability partner. Chances are you've come far on your own and it's pretty seductive to think you're all you need to get it done. However, while you're running your business you can get sidetracked from your goals until they're almost upon you. An accountability partner, whether it's your mentor or coach, will ensure that you're on track for success. This isn't about money necessarily, though it will certainly impact that, it is about going beyond your edge to the best possible YOU. It is the greatness game.
The gift of a mentor and a mastermind is this expansion into your greater game. Your business is the greatest personal development tool you'll ever encounter. This is clearly the best move I've made to break out of my current orbit of success into an even greater one. I'm looking to guide a select group of high level clients who want to break through this year too. Are you ready? If so, schedule a 30 minute strategy session to explore possibilities!