It's been a long adventure to my true self (not that I've arrived). It's one of those road trips that go on forever but you couldn't care less. The journey is a blast! This true self is the one beyond the masks and specific forms. It's the one with an infinite bandwidth of being. The no-beginning, never-ending kind of true self. I've been thinking of this true self as an infinite self lately. Her imaginal shimmer sparkles in my periphery (on its way to me).
Many spiritual traditions have created a pathway to this true self. Gurus and guides provide a plethora of pathways to choose from. I often got sidetracked exploring new pathways. Eventually, I came to a place where information (and even experiences) didn't move me further along. I had to go into self-inquiry and find my own pathway. You too can find your own pathway.
Be advised: the work of revealing your true self can feel endless. I found journaling, and all writing, to be a trusty companion. As more and more of me unraveled, more was revealed. I captured it all. It helped me to see and shed the untruth. Sometimes you don't get how much has changed, how much you've changed! Often you forget the layers and layers of your old self that you've released. Journaling helps you capture all the important bits. You get to see your growth on the page.
Engage Your Infinite Self (Writing Practice)
Lately, I've been entertaining the energy and idea of my infinite self. It is a continuum of being. The infinite self exists before time, in time, and beyond time. It's all you, in your infinite iterations. Get the power and energy of that, right? So, before you write get into that frequency, that energy state.
Once you've done that, grab your writing tools. Let's try a writing practice to re-orient around a problem or challenge with a connection to your infinite self.
1. Visualize your infinite self as a timeline. It's on a continuum: before time, in time, and beyond time. (Just like the graph with negative integers, 0, and positive integers. In time is point 0.)
2. Bring the issue to your awareness. Notice its place in the infinite self timeline.
3. Shift your focus to your desired outcome on the infinite self timeline. Notice how that feels. Notice who you are being. Where are you? What are you doing? What do you know?
4. Take 2-5 minutes and write it down.
Then, let it go. Move on to your next task. Check in with this writing 1 week from now, 1 month from now, 1 year from now. You'll be amazed.
Engage Your Infinite Self (Energy Practice)
You could also use this as an energy practice on an ongoing basis to build your capacity at will. Then, you'll be able to access this focus-shifting tool in real-time.
The practice is simple:
1. Engage the energy of your infinite self timeline
2. Notice what frequency you are currently occupying.
3. Shift your focus to a more-desired frequency.
4. Notice how it feels and what arises.
Let me know if you want me to create a guided visualization to take you through the experience.