4 Questions to Help You Get Sponsorships For Your Business
Corporate sponsorships are not only for nonprofits, associations and little leagues. If you do any kind of promotions, you can be sponsored too. And you're leaving money on the table if you aren't benefiting from sponsorships.
Even big name celebrities have sponsors. Madonna, Kobe Bryant, and Justin Timberlake all have sponsorships… And we know they aren't charities.
Okay, so you're not nearly a big rock star or a sports legend. Is it possible for you, a small business owner, to get sponsorships?
Yes! You see, the reasons why a company would sponsor a celebrity are the same reasons they would sponsor you.
It used to be that companies would underwrite the costs of a sponsorship for good will. Times have changed. Today, sponsorships are a valuable marketing tool, and corporations are looking for a better return on investment than just a ‘feel good' presence.
Are You Ready For Sponsorships?
The sponsor's goal is often to get to a specific target market, so if you can answer these questions, you can get support for something you are already – or planning on – doing:
- Do you have a visible following? Think about your subscriber list, your social media, your connections with traditional media. If you can clearly prove you have a following it makes a sponsor interested. This doesn't mean you need huge figures. It's the quality of the following not the quantity that makes a difference. (See the next question to understand this more.)
- Can you show you have an influence with your following? Sponsors will want to see if you have a bond with the people in your ‘tribe.' Influence means you can give them a call to action, and they will respond. This is exactly why the quality of your following is more important than the quantity. There's no return on investment if you have 50,000 followers on Twitter but only 2 people are actually responding to your tweets.
- Are YOU willing to invest in a sponsorship relationship? If you think the sponsorship is over as soon as the company has handed you the hard or soft money, then you're ill prepared for sponsorships. The key is building a lasting relationship.
- Can you verify that your sponsors will get a quantifiable return on investment? There's a right approach and a wrong approach to this. And without help, it can be hard to see what will work. (And by the way, what will work for one potential sponsor may not work for another).
Join us on June 20th for the free webinar: “Win-Win-Win Your Way to Profitable Influence: How to Get Companies to Pay You to Market to Your Audience.”
Discover how you can get sponsors to pay for just about EVERYTHING you do, including clothes and makeup, computers, gifts for clients, blogging, attending and hosting events and much more.
When you join us on June 20, you’ll discover:
- Why companies have millions of dollars to dole out
- Why a company would be interested in you and what you’re doing
- What you really need to offer to land a sponsorship
- What a sponsorship can pay for
- And much, much more!
Register for the free webinar and find out how to get sponsorships for your business!
Shannon Cherry, is a veteran in building connections, including corporate sponsorships, and sharing her sponsorship secrets to help you get your share of the $17 Billion in corporate sponsorship available. Shannon will also be sharing information about her sponsorship program, if you're ready for the deep dive into sponsorships.