There are plenty of pathways to happiness, but one of the surest is gratitude.
Recent studies on the power of gratitude also found an abundance of additional, and surprising, benefits. At a minimum, you'll want to engage in a 21-day daily gratitude practice to experience the transformative results of gratitude.
Here are the benefits you can expect to reap:
- Exercise more regularly, with fewer physical symptoms
- Feel better about your life as a whole
- More optimistic about the upcoming week
- Make progress toward important personal goals
- Have higher levels of positive states of alertness, enthusiasm, determination, attentiveness, and energy
- Willing to help someone with a personal problem
- Readily offer emotional support to another
- A greater sense of feeling connected to others
- More optimistic self-appraisal of your life
- Better sleep duration and sleep quality
- Reduced stress
- Better health, including reduced high blood pressure
- Enhanced good mood
- You will feel good on a regular basis
- You will more easily experience a positive attitude, rather than a negative one
There are probably way more than 15 benefits from a gratitude practice. It only takes a few minutes a day and the power of gratitude will bring more of the things you are thankful for into your life today.
Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude. Denis Waitley
Gratitude is one of the most powerful tools for improving your life. The more you focus on what's right, the more that you'll experience the benefits of gratitude. You will not only start to see changes in yourself but also in your world… instantly!