5 Ways a Power Pal Can Help Create Massive Movement
Have you ever crafted a vision and then run into some roadblocks as you were trying to bring it into being?
That's exactly what happened to me in the Spring of 2006. I had just finished a phenomenal advanced coach training with The Evolutionary Institute and was intent on becoming one of their trainers. The next step was a trip to Australia to continue my training. The only problem was, I didn't have the money.
I got back home and the euphoria and excitement of my new found purpose was blasted to smithereens by the ‘funkadoos,' a term that describes what happens once you get back into your ‘home environment.' I'd experienced this post-conference doggie downer before, but this time it was massive.
I don't remember who called who, but I started connecting with one of my fellow adventurers, Simone Peer. We chatted every day, zhoozing up the way for us to both amp up our energies and make the trip. We made that trip and the next training in England. That's how our Power Pal sessions got started.
When my home fire occurred in February guess who I called to help me navigate the BIG transition? My Power Pal, Simone!
You might have heard of accountability partners but Power Pals are SO much more. A Power Pal helps facilitate your evolutionary expression. We're talking high octane power, purpose and passion to bring your extraordinary life into BEing!
5 Ways a Power Pal Helps You Navigate BIG Shifts
- Shift Resistance. Whenever you launch a BIG intention you’ll experience resistance. A Power Pal not only supports you through it, but sees YOU into being. You've never been seen and heard like this before. It transforms everything.
- Celebrate! In our culture we often don’t feel comfortable talking about our successes but acknowledging your success builds momentum. A Power Pal gives you the opportunity to celebrate your accomplishments and own your wins.
- Deep Trust and Knowing. Your Power Pal gets to know quite a bit about your life and vision. You get to reveal things you've never shared before, knowing that it's held in the highest of confidence. You can talk about anything! Imagine having a playground of no secrets or holding back, where you can fully be YOU… no matter how you show up.
- No Judgment. Face it. You’re going to fail. At least, I hope you are. Failure is a pit stop on the road to possibility, so if you’re not failing, you’re not in the bigger playground. When you do fail, your Power Pal does not judge you, but reminds you where you are on the adventure.
- A Cosmic Kick. Sometimes you just need a little boost to get you moving. It’s easy to let things slide or get lazy when it comes to taking action on new ground. Having someone who partners with you on your vision is priceless. Just be prepared for a little tough love once in a while. If you’re not willing to give and take that kind of push, then your Power Pal relationship may not work.
Power Pals are a key to creating massive movement in your world. Power Pals play at the energetic level: BIG energy, BIG movement.
Find Your Power Pal and Craft Your Agreement
So, how do you find your own Power Pal and how do you get started?
1. Reach outside your inner circle. Try to partner with someone who is not a close friend, relative, roommate, or partner. You’ll see deeper benefits from your Power Pal relationship if it is free from attachments. Ideally, the foundation for this partnership should be that you both want to focus on your evolution. You’ll find that your Power Pal will evolve into a close friend naturally, which is an added bonus. But don’t assume your best friend is the ideal Power Pal. So, think of three or four people you know, but who aren’t necessarily in your inner circle yet. You could ask a classmate, a former colleague, or even the friend of a friend to be your Power Pal.
2. Set a schedule. Depending on your intention and the time frame you want to work with, determine the frequency of your calls. Identify what date and time you will connect. Decide who is responsible for initiating the call. Set ground rules about confidentiality, topics you’ll cover, and acceptable reasons to miss a call. Also, share what you both want to gain from the partnership and how you can support one another. You do not want this to devolve into a bitching session, and you don't want this to be ‘nice.' You want it to be True.
3. Keep your word. The Power Pal system only works if you work it. So, don’t take this on if you’re not willing to commit. You’ll only get out of the relationship what you put in. And though it may feel like work, once you and your Power Pal are up and running, you’ll experience the incredible power for yourself.
The Power Pal agreement is what creates the breeding ground of possibility. Whatever you're feeling personally you show up for the party. You both say, “Yes!” to the next and are willing to feel, sense and know and partner on the possibilities.
Here's a framework to navigate the Power Pal session:
- Breath, Relax, Expand. Nothing's missing and there's more.
- Link up and synch up. Tune in to what you feel, sense and know.
- Power Up and Witness Potential. Land what you each know thru a conversation. If you both have it, you ping pong back and forth. if one person has it, you witness the potential.
- Zhooz (Energize)! Sometimes it just happens, sometimes you invoke it.
- Translate into Action. Make it so.
Remember that there is no “right way” to do this, just find a flow that works for both of you.
It may take a bit of work to find your perfect Power Pal but it’s worth it. You’ll find your confidence, focus and power grow and you’ll develop great trust that it all turns out. It is incredibly simple and yet magical.
I'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences around Power Pals, please share below.
About the Author
Adela Rubio writes and speaks on awakening your creative essence with the power of collaboration and community. She's hosted 20+ Women's Writing Circles, 30-Day Adventures, and Telesummits.